● Air pollution is a vital issue the world is facing right now.
● People spend nearly 90% of their time indoors. 20,000 times a day, we inhale and exhale with little thought or effort. Yet, we know very little about what we’re breathing.
● Air quality, especially indoor air quality, significantly affects people’s health, mood, and qualities of life.
● Some people have doubts about the function of their air purifiers.
● A real-time monitor based on sensors can provide detailed information.
● Air purifiers can start working automatically when needed, so that redundant energy will be saved.
Atmel board integrated with temperature sensor, VOC sensor and dust sensor.
● Cloud Computing:
AWS OpsWorks stack implemented with a Node.js server layer and a MySQL/RDS database layer.
Indoor air quality of a bedroom with two people sleeping at night for one week.
Indoor air quality of a kitchen, with variables like cooking bacon, spraying cleaning product and environmental variables like window, kitchen hood and air purifier.
● Data Analysis:
Decay functions developed by linear regression of common pollutants.
● Graph Computing:
Graphs of original data, moving average and linear regression computed locally.
Real-time data displayed by ThingSpeak.